When hosting one of the last barbecues, it’s ideal to choose recipes that won’t take too much of your time stuck with the grill. Go for quick-cooking food that will please all your guests. Try these super easy 20-minute grill recipes – great dishes for half the time!
Spiced Tropical Grilled Steak
What you need:
- 1/2 kilogram flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro stems
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 4 wedges lime for garnish
Place cilantro stems, lime juice, half the olive oil and half the red pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture in a dish and place steak on top of it. Coat meat with the mixture and let stand for at least 15 minutes. Remove steak from marinade (discard excess) and cook on a pre-heated grill over high heat for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice thinly and place on a serving dish. Top with cilantro leaves, onion, garlic and remaining red pepper. Drizzle with remaining oil and serve with lime wedges.
Honey-Lemon Grilled Chicken
What you need:
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Season chicken with salt and pepper then cook on a pre-heated grill over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside. Cook shallots over medium heat in a pan until softened, about 2 minutes. Add water, honey and lemon to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Pour mixture on a dish and place chicken over sauce, turning to coat. Sprinkle oregano over chicken and serve.
Both of these 20-minute grill recipes save time but satisfy your appetite!
Adrian T. Cheng is a food blogger and a BBQ expert. Through years of grill experience, reviewing various grilling accessories and trying delicious and unique recipes, he is sharing his knowledge with everyone.